Tuesday, July 26, 2016

It really works!

Two weeks ago I had just dipped my toes into the world of Twitter. Last night I was finally, totally and completely sold. Twitter works.

In the morning I put a question out to the Twitter world. Not much happened and I tried to actually relax for a bit on summer vacation. Before dinner I happened to check (since I felt I had neglected doing the work I said I would do this summer, with Twitter being a tiny piece) and I had SO MANY responses to my questions!!! And as I started thanking people for their great ideas, conversations started and kept going. I began to build my PLN, build my tribe and feel the power of Twitter.

Later I dove into my second Twitter chat. I at least knew what to expect this time! Chatting with other teachers about A Mindset for Learning (ah-mazing!) gave me new ideas and helped to clarify my vision as to how I can bring joy back into the classroom while helping my students build necessary traits for lifelong learning.

So thank you Twitter. You're changing my PD practices and changing how I can connect with others, in the best interest of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment