Wednesday, August 31, 2016

“A ship is always safe at shore, but that is not what it’s built for.” 
–Albert Einstein

I saw this last week and it has been sticking with me. I may be adding it to the front of my plan book as it is a reminder that this year is a year of change, a year of risks, and a year to venture out into the unknown for the best of the students.

For the last week I have been getting my classroom ready,








prepping morning messages and planning morning meetings for the first week,








and just trying to plan the many mini-lessons it will take to model and practice the many routines of learning. Oh yeah, and did I mention the district trainings and meetings and copying and meeting my wonderful students and families?!?

So as I sit here on the night before school begins with my students I have some jitters, some unfinished odds and ends, and so many ideas to implement. Rather than staying safe on the shore, I'm ready to sail out into the unknown to do what is right for my students.



No comments:

Post a Comment