Friday, July 15, 2016

So many tools, so little time

I have had a wonderful time in my LitEd with Tech class at UNH this week. I read an AMAZING BOOK (Amplify by Katie Muhtaris and Kristin Ziemke) that has changed how I will teach come September, I tried many new tools and made a list of more to try, and I've started dabbling and learning more about all that Google Apps for Education has to offer me. Monday I will start working thru the modules to become a Google Certified Educator!

This morning I made a new padlet for my students to explore some sites and videos for a animal unit that comes early in the year. It will force me to make sure I am using the technology and helping my students become digital citizens, which I can build on as the year continues.

I was also able to play around with the new Google Sites and am working to upgrade from just a classroom blog to something a bit fancier. After watching a interactive presentation Betsy did with Peardeck I am thinking I can use that in math. I could post a simple addition or subtraction fact that they just have to type the answer to, but a second slide they could draw their thinking/process in solving it.

I want to make this reflection coherent but I think I have finally reached the point that I cannot take any more information in my brain. School ended for me on June 20th and here I am on July 15th, still not having taken a day off from summer work or taking classes for myself. So for now, I unplug and head off to a weekend free of wifi. Monday morning I will be back at it trying to organize my ideas and begin to create a clear vision of what a week of learning about inquiry and a week of learning to incorporate technology looks like when implemented in my first grade classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for developing ideas to use Padlet with me! I am happy to now have time to reflect and decide how to best implement these awesome tools. Looking forward to keeping in touch via Twitter to see how these new resources work!

    ReplyDelete